Dr. Ponce recently shared research findings with guests from the MIT Integrated Learning Initiative. The presentation reviews details of the dropout problem in MOOCs and shares interventions and their results for predicting this...
Throughout the pandemic, leaders of higher education have successfully rethought and retooled pedagogy to embrace the blended learning world. During Fierce Education’s “2021 Fierce Leaders in Higher Ed”, higher education leaders, faculty, and technologists discussed...
Presented by: Eva Ponce, Sindhu Srinath, and Laura Allegue The MITx MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management (SCM) is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) based program that aims to impart quantitative and qualitative knowledge to SCM enthusiasts all around the...
Dr. Eva Ponce recently attended the AWESOMELeaders.org virtual event, Developing the Dynamic, Durable, Digital Supply Chain Leader – What supply chain education is all about now…and what companies need to know.
Join our Newsletter
Want to stay engaged with our lab and content? Sign up to receive our newsletter with updates about our research, events, and much more.
- Borrella, I., Caballero-Caballero, S., Ponce-Cueto E., (2022). Taking action to reduce dropout in MOOCs: Tested interventions. Computers & Education. Vol. 179, Issue 104412, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2021.104412
- Ponce, E., Grau, A. Why online practitioner communities are a valuable professional resource. Medium Blog. April 2021 – https://medium.com/mitsupplychain/why-online-practitioner-communities-are-a-valuable-professional-resource-f5009071c260
- Ponce, E., Srinath, S., Allegue, L. Integrating Community Teaching in MOOCs. L@Scale / eMOOCs, 22-24 June, 2021, Online Conference, pp. 95- 109 – https://publishup.uni-potsdam.de/opus4-ubp/frontdoor/deliver/index/docId/51030/file/emoocs2021.pdf
- Ponce, E. Invited speaker at SCN Summit: Workforce Development. April 2021
- Ponce, E. Invited speaker at AWESOME Transformative Leadership Panel. May 2021
- Ponce, E. Invited speaker at MITili Grant-Funded Research – Converting zombies into learners: Improving MOOC learner retention. Nov, 2021 – Temp video: https://vimeo.com/652996561/136e80cd88
- Ponce E., Caplice, C. (2020). Covid-Driven Shift to Online Education Fuels Supply Chain MicroMasters Growth. SupplyChain24/7. 17 November 2020. View Online
- Ponce E., Caplice, C. (2020). Covid-Driven Shift to Online Education Fuels Supply Chain MicroMasters Growth. Published at Medium blog on October 28, 2020. View Online
- Ponce, E. (2020). The Power of Online Education: How Two Supply Chain Professionals Mapped Their Paths. Supply Chain 247. March 10, 2020. View Online
- Ponce, E. (2020). Omnichannel Education: The Learning Revolution. Supply Chain 247. January 30, 2020. View Online
- Ponce, E. (2019). Omnichannel Education: Are You Ready for the Challenge? Supply Chain Management Review, December 10, 2019. View Online
- Ponce, E. (2019). Omnichannel Education: Are You Ready for the Challenge? Published at Medium blog on December 9,2019. View Online
- Ponce, E. (2019). Online Learning and Blended Education in SCM. 90 minutes presentation at the Teaching/Pedagogy Track 2019. POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) 27th Annual Conference, Washington D.C., May 2-6.
- Ponce, E. (2019). DSI (Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting) 50th Annual Conference – Innovative Teaching Track – The Omni-channel of course delivery – conventional, online, MOOCs, hybrid/blended, and the premium each can offer – New Orleans, LA. November 23-25.
- Borrella, I.; Caballero-Caballero, S., Ponce-Cueto, E. (2019). Predict and Intervene: Addressing the Dropout Problem in a MOOC-based Program. Learning @Scale 2019, Chicago, June.
- Ponce-Cueto, E., Caplice, C. (2019). MicroMasters are Different: Lessons from the first MicroMasters Program. eMOOCS conference. Naples. May 20-22.
- Bateman, A., Ponce-Cueto, E., Caplice, C. (2019). Exploring the Use of Open Response Questions in a MOOC setting to Increase Student Application of Course Concepts. LINC Workshop. June 17.
- Ponce-Cueto, E., Caplice, C. (2019). How to ensure academic integrity in a MicroMasters program. LINC Workshop. June 17.
- Ponce, E. (2018). Innovations in Online Learning: Benefits and Costs of Alternative Credentials. Webinar – Columbia University – Office of Digital Learning. MIT. Cambridge, USA. September 13, 2018.
- Ponce, E. (2018). Online Learning and Blended Education in SCM. Teaching/pedagogy track 2018. POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) 27th Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, May 6-9.
2017 & Previous Years
- Ponce-Cueto, E. (2017). How to Deliver a Massive, Rigorous, and Proctored Comprehensive Final Exam. MITx SIG Event. MIT. Cambridge, USA. December 15, 2017.
- Ponce-Cueto, E. (2017). MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management. Exploring the Digital Credentialing Harvard Business Publishing. Cambridge, USA. October 26, 2017.
- Ponce-Cueto, E. (2017). MITx MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management. An innovative Program. International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA). Zurich, Switzerland. April 1, 2017.
- Ponce-Cueto, E. and Rice J.B. (2016). How MOOCs can raise a company’s IQ and increase competitiveness. Supply Chain Management Review, September 1. View Online